Punta Conejo Resort Frequently Asked Questions
Air Travel Options to Huatulco (HUX), Mexico.
From the U.S. West Coast : LAX to HUX – Aeromexico.
Note: Red Eye or early AM with the one lay over in Mexico City suggested.
Note: You must clear your luggage and drop again.
If you have surfboards, you must rebook up stairs at the Aeromexico Counter.
GET A PORTER TO ASSIST.
From the U.S. East Coast: United, as they go thru Houston and have a direct flight Houston to HUX
OR if Aeromexico travels to your local international Airport, you may want to compare times going thru Mexico City Airport.
Air Canada and Air Transit go Direct from Calgary to HUX.
Some other Major Cities may have direct flights as well, Edmonton and Vancouver.
- A Punta Conejo Resort representative will greet you at the airport and provide transfer in a private Punta Conejo Resort 4×4 Vehicle.
- Punta Conejo Resortis approximately a 2 hour drive from HUX Airport. Upon leaving HUX Airport, you will be provided with cold drinks. The Punta Conejo Resort representative can stop off at Huatulco for tacos, shopping or hit one of the many secluded beaches while in route to Punta Conejo Resort at the groups request.
- Once at Punta Conejo Resort you will immediately experience the “ Being Out There Feel” and remoteness. The Punta Conejo Resort staff will also be there to help you get settled in and address any questions. Your Punta Conejo Resort guide will be available to plan your adventure and itinerary.
- Your Trip Planner will custom design your daily activities during your stay and suggest the best plan depending on weather and or surf conditions.
- During the Surf Season, your surf guide will suggest what spots will be best depending on swell, tides and winds. Keep in mind, the wind and tides play a major role in scoring the best waves. Your guides will know where to go and not to go in order to score.
- Prior to your stay ending at Punta Conejo Resort , our guides or the Punta Conejo Resort Manger will organize your transportation to HUX Airport.
Driving Directions to Punta Conejo Resort:
It is a 2 hour drive to Salina Cruz from HUX. Take the main road about 15 kilometers. Before you reach Salina itself, you will see a sign that’s says “Playa Brasil” (it’s just passed a highway interchange) on the right side. Take the dirt road exit “Playa Brasil” (good flat hard road) take approx 2 kil to split in road (passed the lagoon and the split is at the concrete bus stop with overhang) at the split make left to end of the road to resort – Punta Conejo Resort – you will see the big point in distance.
Consult with your Doctor before traveling on international excursions. If you take prescription medicines make sure you bring the necessary paperwork in case of emergency.
Yes, Wi-Fi is included and available, so make sure to bring Wi-Fi devices and/or Ipad and laptop.
$300-$1,000 Per Person, It is highly recommended to exchange at the Mexican International Airport (MEX), as the LAX exchange rate is far below what you can exchange for at the MEX. With Canadian Dollars, you may want to consult at your local bank and or airport upon departing. Should you have a direct flight to HUX, please exchange your money ahead of time as HUX does not offer money exchange services.
- Documents: Citizens of the United States and Canadians need a Valid Passport with 6 Months of validity remaining and one other form of ID.
- Families and Children: If you have special needs please let us know ahead of time so we can prepare
- Phone: Please check your mobile phone provider to see if they cover Mexico. Most do. One must buy an international plan for data, voice and text, so be aware and plan ahead. We can provide a phone for emergency calls, at an additional charge. Fax services are also available at an additional charge.
- Credit Card: Visa and American Express are accepted at most large box stores, but all small vendors and roadside vendors only accept Mexican Pesos. Plan Ahead. Note: Certain bar tabs and tips are payable in Pesos or American Dollars.
- Tipping: We encourage all guests to offer generously and tip their personal guide, cooks, and housekeeper as deemed appropriate.
- Electricity / Power: 240 Volt American Plugs.
- Water: It is highly recommended to not drink the tap water. Use only bottle watered provided for all drinking, cooking and hygiene matters.
- Towels: Please bring your own beach towel. We do provide pool towels for poolside use only.
- Hair Dryer: Punta Conejo Resort will provide one for each room.
- Laundry Services: For a nominal fee our housekeeping staff will launder and return soiled clothing with a one day turn around. Please inquire with housekeeping.
- Mosquito Protection: Bring Bug Spray if you are susceptible to bug bites.
- Television: Punta Conejo Resort has Smart T.V.’s in each room, yet Punta Conejo Resort is so remote we have no cable access to local feed. We do have an extensive library of DVD’s both surf and movies for check out.
PDF Version to Print Out
In the Water:
- 3 Surfboards in one bag – your go to short board up to 5 feet, a fish for smaller surf and a step up and/or back-up go to.
- Leashes – 3 plus extra tethers, fins, fin key,
- Long Sleeve Rash Guard
- Top Wetsuit – optional
- Board Shorts – 3 pair
- Warm Surfboard Wax
- Duct tape/packing tape
- Wet/Dry Surf Bag for beach
Out of the Water:
- Passport plus copy
- Airline Tickets
- Cash and Credit Cards
- Drivers License
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat or wide brimmed hat
- Beach towel
- Surfboard Ding Repair Kit
- Long sleeve T-Shirt
- Mosquito Repellant
- Light weight pants
- Shoes and socks
- Travel backpack
- T-shirts, tank tops, sundresses, shorts ( if winter, light jackets, pants, wind breaker)
- Board shorts- 3 pairs
- First Aid Kit
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
Out of the Water: